Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm on Blogger New, whether I like it or not. Noticed in the process that I have made 1,906 posts to this blog so far, even though I treat it like an ugly cousin to be kept in the basement these days. (all complaints about that comment to jennysinclairATgmail.com please - I've realised lately that I'm missing out on criticism of me because I have been inactive in the blogosphere)

anyway, the reason I blogged on was not to upgrade to Blogger Fabulous, but to post a link to this: a comics web site written by, I have to say, the most geeky comic wonk you can imagine - Kevin Patrick's Comics Down Under. I am writing up a report that includes the media coverage of his exhibition at the State Library last year and am very sorry I missed it. and when I looked at his blog, it started off with a discussion of the influence of Spanish/South American culture on Australian comics. Brilliant. You have to admire that level of commitment to a topic: the comic, the whole comic and nothing but the comic.

btw, if this new Blogger Wonderful is so good, why do I still have to hand-code my links on the Mac? Hmmm?

No comments: