Thursday, March 02, 2006

that's it: I am officially an old fogey. having decided not to try to get tix to the Rolling Stones, partly on principle and partly because I couldn't access the Web site, I took my son to childcare down the street.

On the way back, I saw a car driving very slowly and unsteadily. the driver, of course, was texting or dialling on her mobile phone. I considered running after her and bashing on the back of the car; instead, I took her number, came home and rang the police, where I had a very nice conversation with a very nice young man named Will, who coincidentally used to live in this street. he can't do much except maybe write to her and let her know there was a report - I think that would be a start anyway - but I'm not sorry I called. my son is two years and three months old - old enough to get out onto the street alone (not that he ever has or, I hope, ever will - too young to know it's dangerous, and too short to be easily seen by a drive who's busy rtig 2 hr frnds.

hope it scares the bejesus out of her.

No comments: